Breakfast is oftentimes touted as ‘the most important meal of the day’ and has been the subject matter of ongoing debates and studies over the recent years by researchers and marketing companies alike. While the answer the importance of breakfast is still an ongoing mystery on a scientific basis, it is a good idea in general not to starve yourself to the point that you end up in a nutritionally deficient state. That being said, this article will serve as the launching point for a series of 8 breakfast recipes.
The first recipe in this series is a BRAUN sponsored recipe that is authored by Sara, the founder and contributor of Dinner at the Zoo. She decided to run a food blog dedicated to the creation of healthy and kid friendly recipes after having a diverse food background before having three children, two of which are not so easy to please. So get ready to enjoy…
BREAKFAST EGG MUFFINS
© Dinner at the Zoo
This recipe for breakfast egg muffins is an easy grab and go option for busy mornings. The protein packed egg muffins are loaded with bacon, cheddar cheese and spinach for maximum flavor!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time :20 minutes
Servings: 6 egg muffins
Calories :129 kcal
- cooking spray
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cooked chopped spinach excess water removed
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat 6 cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl. Use a Braun MultiQuick 7 Hand Blender (or any other kind of hand blender really if you don’t have one) to blend the eggs until smooth, this will take less than a minute.
- Add the spinach, bacon and cheese to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide the egg mixture evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
For more healthy lifestyle tips, and good recipes don’t forget to follow: